Art Spin is gearing up for its third season this summer. In preparation we are holdingcrEATe, a creative and interactive fundraising event, very much in keeping with the community minded spirit of Art Spin itself. crEATe is a communal dinner during which artists will have a chance to pitch their art project proposals. Dinner guests will vote on the project proposal they like best and the winner will receive the profits from that dinner to fund their project which in turn will be included in one of our Art Spin tours this summer. The winning project proposals may receive funding of up to $1000.
crEATe will be taking place on Wednesday, June 8th, at 7pm and will be hosted at Lula Lounge.
Art Spin would like to invite artists to submit their proposals for art projects. The goal of this fundraiser is to create a self-reliant arts funding strategy, whereby the arts community becomes more empowered to support itself.
Artists interested in pitching an art project proposal should make their submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission guidelines are as follows:
- Art Spin is a multi-disciplinary art event, therefore, this call is open to artists in all fields, be it visual arts (2-D, installation or new media) or performance arts. We are looking for creative, experimental, quirky and playful work - nothing is off limits!
- provide a one page cover letter describing your art project, and the amount of funds required. (in a Word .doc)
- one page CV and contact information (in Word .doc)
- if applicable, support material in the form of five to ten jpg or pdf images (no larger than 300kb each), or video files (i.e Quick Time, no longer than 5 minutes) pertaining to the specific project being proposed or images of past work that are representative of your practice. All support material must be compatible with both Mac and PC.
- if the project is site specific please provide details on where and how the project would take place. (please note that site specific projects in alternative spaces such as parks, laneways & abandoned spaces etc. are highly encouraged but should be contained to the west end of the city since all our tours depart from Trinity Bellwoods park).
- any time based performances should last no longer than 15 minutes.
- deadline for submissions: Monday May 23, 2011
- any questions or comments should be directed to: email@example.com or call Casey @ 647-215-9919 or Rui @ 416-532-5274
- artists whose submissions are chosen to be pitched at crEATe will have 10 minutes to pitch their proposal. Audio and visual equipment (ie: computer, projector) will be provided.
- artists whose submissions are accepted will be required to pay the 45$ if they wish to join crEATe for dinner, if they wish only to present, the fee will b waived.
- artists whose submissions are accepted will be notified by May 27th.
- winning submissions will be included in one of our three Art Spin tours which will be taking place on:
June 30th, July 28th and August 25th
Tickets for crEATe (a three course communal dinner) are $45 so even if you're not interested in presenting a project proposal, we welcome you to join us in support of Art Spin and participating artists. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.artspin.ca if you are interested in purchasing a ticket. Tickets must be purchased in advance and all profits go towards funding the winning proposals.
Feel free to visit www.artspin.ca to learn more about Art Spin.