Deadline: August 02, 2016
Skeir Gallery is hosting a summer group exhibition at our Queen West Gallery location (1537a Queen Street West) from Thursday August 11 - Sunday August 28, 2016.
Open to emerging, mid-career and established artists who would like the opportunity to gain exposure in the Queen West Arts community, artists are invited to submit up to 10 works in any media for consideration.
Submissions in all media styles are welcome and up to three (3) works by selected artists will be accepted for entry into the two (2) week long exhibition:
- Up to 10 works can be submitted for consideration
- Works can be up to 24" x 24" (60cm x 60cm) at any price point**
- All works on paper MUST be framed
- All 2D work (paintings, framed works etc.) must be wired and/or ready for hanging before drop-offs
- Submission deadline: Tuesday August 02, 2016
- Artwork drop-offs: Saturday August 06 & Sunday August 07, 2016 between 1 - 6pm.
- Exhibition dates: Thursday August 11 to Sunday August 28, 2016
- Opening Reception: Thursday August 11, from 6pm - 11pm
Applicants are asked to include a brief biography OR artist statement, up to 150 words. Artists are also asked to title all submitted works in the the following format:
All artwork images and biographies / statements must be sent as attachments (no zip files or website links please!) by email to: email@example.com
**Applicants accepted into the group exhibition are required to contribute a non-refundable Hanging and Administrative fee of $80.00. Skeir Gallery will transact all sales of consigned work during the exhibition period and accept a 40% commission on the sale of each work.