Tuesday September 13, 2016 / 7pm-9pm / Akin Collective Lansdowne Studios - 87 Wade Ave, Studio 203 / FREE / Open to the public / Space is limited. Please RSVP by signing up here: https://www.universe.com/skillshare3
This will be the third Akin Projects Skillshare event focusing on how and why we document and archive our creative work.
The Akin Projects Skillshare is a casual, moderated discussion for arts entrepreneurs and creative business people in a studio environment. Connect with your peers through practical experience at this collaborative event. Share your skills, resources, and ideas, and have your questions answered. Please come prepared to talk and share your thoughts and process when it comes to documenting and archiving your own creative work. A laptop and large screen will be available for digital presentations.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Scanning artwork and photographs
- Photographing your work
- Video documentation
- Websites and portfolios
- Curriculum Vitae
- Long term storage and preservation of artwork
- Documenting your process
- Titling and numberingand cataloging your work
- Digital presentation of non-digital work
- Documenting performances and installations
This event is free and open to the public. It is ideal for artists and makers of all skill levels.
Please bring any questions you have, and come prepared to talk about your relevant experiences. Attendees are encouraged to bring at least one thing to share with the group such as:
- and example of how you document your work (website, video, photograph, scanned file)
- a tool you use for archiving or documenting your work
- a resource recommendation for documenting services
BYOB / Feel free to bring snacks to share