The RBC Arts Access Fund is an award initiative presented by Neighbourhood Arts Network and RBC Foundation awarding a total of $30,000 to support newcomer artists across Toronto.
NOMINATIONS FOR THE RBC ARTS ACCESS FUND ARE NOW OPEN.
RBC Arts Access Fund is an award program for newcomer artists presented by RBC Foundation and Toronto Arts Foundation and administered by Neighbourhood Arts Network.
The RBC Arts Access Fund is designed to support newcomer artists across Toronto. The awards will range from $500 to $1500 to support costs associated with arts projects, such as artist fees, art supplies, equipment rental, space rental and food costs for a workshop or event. Additionally, awards may also support professional development, training and mentorship requests for newcomer artists looking to improve their skills in working in community.
Applicants must be:
- Newcomers who have been in Canada 7 years or less
- A permanent resident or Canadian citizen
- Be over 18 years old
- A member of Neighbourhood Arts Network, if you are not a member, sign up here
*Artists can receive only one RBC Arts Access Fund per year.
A jury of up to 5 members will review candidate profiles and make recipient recommendations. Jury members are selected for their expertise, credibility and experience along with sense of history and perspective. Each jury is comprised of participants who are practitioners of community-engaged arts, newcomer artists and community leaders
Awards will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- What is the potential impact of the proposed project on the artist and/or community?
- Does the artist have the ability and resources to carry out the project as described?
For those requesting paid mentorship and training support:
- How will the opportunity develop their work as an artist?
Round 1: JUNE 15, 2018 | 11:59PM
Round 2: OCTOBER 1, 2018 | 11:59PM