This will be the second Akin Projects Skillshare event focusing on all things PRINT.
The Akin Projects Skillshare is a casual, moderated discussion for arts entrepreneurs and creative business people in a studio environment. Connect with your peers through practical experience at this collaborative event. Share your skills, resources, and ideas, and have your questions answered about zines, books, print and publishing.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Self Publishing
- Promoting your business in print
- Zines, art books, portfolios, look-books, art prints
- Print Process
- Layout and design
- Publishing tools and software
- Book Binding
- Finding the right printer
- Choosing the right paper
- E-books and alternative publishing
- Business cards, mailers, flyers and print promotions
- Artist multiples
- Selling your print materials
- Printing terminology and techniques
- Print / small-press events and organizations
This event is free and open to the public. It is ideal for anyone running a creative business or arts practice who is interested in or has experience with creating objects in print. Everyone is welcome to attend no matter your experience level.
Please bring any questions you have, and come prepared to talk about your relevant experiences.
Attendees are encouraged to bring at least one thing to share without the group such as:
- zines, comics, books, multiples, business cards, postcards, posters, stickers, flyers
- plans or ideas for a book, sine, or other print object
- interesting papers, inks or tools
- something in print that you find unique or inspiring
- resource or reference books about print and publishing
- swatch books of papers or print samples
BYOB / Feel free to bring snacks to share / Please RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - Space is limited!