Saturday, May 13 / 11am- 3pm / Meet at Project Gallery, 1109 Queen St E / FREE
Join Akin for our very first gallery crawl in Toronto's east end! Free and all are welcome. Stick around and join us on a patio after!
1. We will meet at Project Gallery (1109 Queen St E) at 11am
2. After our visit we will take the 501 Streetcar East to Studio 888 (2359 Queen St E) Please note that this leg of the journey involves using the TTC. This is a free event but please bring your own TTC fare/tokens.
3. Walk to Creative Space Residency (70 Silver Birch Ave)
4. Walk to Cobalt Gallery (870 Kingston Rd)
5. Walk to Yellow House Gallery (921 Kingston Rd)
6. Visit Great Escape Book Store (957 Kingston Road)
Map of locations is here: https://tinyurl.com/n5xes45
Questions? email email@example.com
Project Gallery - information not yet available
Studio 888 has street parking only. There is one step to enter the gallery but there is also a ramp. Studio 888 does not have automated doors but if the weather permits, the door is often propped open. The gallery is on the ground floor. The public washroom is large but navigating a wheelchair may prove awkward. Studio 888 has a ramp main gallery space and it is all accessible after entering. Is no there grab bars in bathroom and the seat is not raised.
Creative Space Residency - information not yet available
Cobalt Gallery does not have designated handicap parking. There are steps to enter the gallery and no automated doors. The washroom is not on the ground level. Their is no grab bar in the bathroom and the toilet is not raised.
There is street parking near Yellow House Gallery. There are three steps to enter the gallery. Once inside the gallery it is all one level with no more steps.
The Great Escape Book Store is a converted garage behind a bookstore on Kingston Road. The garage is located in an alley with street access from Scarborough Rd. It has double barn doors that allow wheelchair access. The store has access from Kingston a Road on the sidewalk with a ramp but there isn't any access to the washroom, or for a wheelchair to go through the store.